The downs outweigh the ups.


Friday, July 18, 2008

My 2nd job starts 26th July, I'm still a tad queasy about working 7 days a week. It can't be as bad as it sounds - 7 days (no life!), I'm sure (or at least, hoping), that time will pass quickly so it doesn't eat into my morale too much.

With the years of exposure to harsh washing agents, the effects are finally showing on my hands. I now name my right thumb the 'monstrous thumb'. No amount of hand cream seems to help. I sometimes look closely at my pair of hands - thin, weak nails and dry rough palms - is it worth it? I sometimes can't believe how many years I've spent doing all that I've done.

These hands are of course, despite their ugly appearance, so important to me. I need them to create melodies on the keyboard, to text, to feed my daily needs. They're the very pair of hands who've held my loved ones, but at the same time, the pair that clenched hard together in times of fury. They're the pair that aid me so much in my chores, and have been there to provide some movement as I express myself.

Been feeling bouts of breathlessness lately, like my chest's feeling slightly congested and I try to cough alot to get rid of that feeling but it still lingers. It's a weird feeling of discomfort that I can't describe. I'm having it again today... God bless me.

Golden words before I end this entry :

别人的事少管吧,先管好你自己!!!

Have a good weekend.




♥ posted by Yvonne at 10:43 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**