A very random post of nothing
Friday, August 22, 2008
Breakfast for Thursday - chunky peanut butter on apricot wheat biscuits. A delicious perk-me-up.
But did it really? Let's not blame it on the breakfast, those biscuits are innocent. I'm was having bad day. Sometimes, somehow or rather, your mood just doesn't work. And today (Friday), it is just as bad.
Lunch on the same day, some leftovers from dinner the night before... Eating leftovers is a joy sometimes because it reminds me how important it is not to waste food, i.e. what you thought could be thrown away could be eaten as another proper meal that actually fills you up! Plus, they don't have that 'commercial taste'. However 'home-cooked' eateries say their food is will never beat ACTUAL home-cooked food.
Today, lunch with Mika and the 'camel' joke, a hazelnut latte, blueberry muffin and a little surprise from Yim just made everything so much better. what is up wityh me and a less than desirable optimism level? Mika and I went to the Starbucks outside Pac Plaza. It isn't too bad there but the music from That CD Shop can get a little annoying... talking helps. That's why we're born with the ability to communicate...
Well but of course there are times when talking DOESN'T help and you'll just want to curl up and DIE. Actually, when you feel that way, but friends unexpectedly come your way and make you talk, you'll be surprised at how it actually helps. You might have planned to keep to yourself for the day but when a friend unexpectedly asks you out for lunch etc and you go along with it, you'll be pleased by how it can be a blessing.
What greeted me when I came back from lunch...
OMG Surprise! And you guys should know how crazy I become when I see unique packaging like this... I LOVE YA GIRL... Yim is my bf in DFS.
Not forgetting my first love, Ivy! We have gone thru thick and thin, we've celebrated our anniversaries, too! These are the chocs from her yesterday! Colleagues = motivation to gain weight.
Thinking of dropping by Ikea after work to walk around. I often have the Ikea craving and though its pretty much out of the way, I'll try my best to move my ass there. If the world's end is 2012, at least I've visited enough of Ikea. If only I still live opposite Krist i.e. at my Grandparents'. I can jolly well go to Ikea every farkin day...
As you many have already known, the Mid-Autumn Festival is coming soon, again! Every year without fail, I indulge mindlessly in mooncakes. They're nothing but calories, sugar and artificial flavoring really but it is just the joy of 'eating a mooncake'. I love snow skin, melon seeds and yolk and these three mentioned ingredients are on the contrary ZQ's most hated items. I guess a lotus/red bean paste filled baked mooncake works best for him...

Bought these some weeks back for ZQ's family, yes I am so extreme! I'm like the FIRST one to buy them... from Inter-continental's Man Fu Yuan, I bought them because of the unique flavors like Avocado and Mango! Though he don't really like the snowskin but I'm like forcing him to take them... We've also each gotten a box of AMWAY's baked mooncakes, I really like them, delicious and smooth =)
AMWAY's green tea and red bean, cross section... lol
.jpg)
Now these are the ones I'm dying to try!!! Ritz Carlton's snow skin selection, specially the green tea one!!! MAN I AM SUCH A GREEN TEA FANATIC!!!

And 717 Trading's D24 durian mooncakes! I think they have the Hong Mao Shan version... which is much more costly!
More irrelevant things... my fave picture currently... a corner of my room - my dogs and the three fake roses from ZQ... everything just looks so cute together. ZQ says the rose look like they're sticking out from the dog's behind... it is actually a dragon lol...
The first Hazelnut Latte and blueberry muffin combi of the week... solitary session at Suntec on a Tuesday...
More random animals...
Wedding style! So cute!
A random book I found from the pile of 'Books on Sale' in Carrefour...
My three dogs... I'm missing the Dalmation one... Has anyone seen it anywhere? The last I saw was at this huge gift shop in Great World City...
The Wedding and The Notebook. I've read them a few times some years back. The wedding is actually a sequal to The Notebook. The couple in The Wedding are the children from the pair in The Notebook. How romantic right? Like as if the first episode not cham enough, the kids have to suffer more love torment. Sigh.
Am in the process of buying them but choosing the best cover. These two are nice. I just got 'The Choice', one of the newer titles. Nicholas Sparks loves to name his stories with 'The'... Well it just makes the story seems more fictional... because it is THE story... Well at least it's not A story... okay I don't know what the fug I'm talking about... I was supposed to check Sunny bookstore but I forgot again. Arggggh.
Where shall I go later? If I am Ling and I'm in HK now, I'll go to Mongkok of course.
If you could pack your bags and leave, supposing you need not to suffer the hesitation of leaving your family and commitments behind, where would you choose to go?
It is such a tempting thought, to run away and break free...
But will it ever happen?
♥ posted by Yvonne at 1:18 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**