Visiting Jacobs


Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yes, Jacobs is our very good friend!

And he lives in Bishan.

Saw in a particular day's TODAY newspaper that there's this Giant Jacob's cracker on display in J8 till Sunday. You can expect me to get damn excited over such things. I have this problem. I get all thrilled when something, anything, is either made to be ridiculously humongous or extremely tiny. Just find it a really cute idea. Now you know why I have so many food toys. Actually, I'm still dreaming about the giant Tabasco balloon bottle I saw some time back (I think I blogged about that?).


It doesn't look very nice but still, kept me entertained.


Frankly, the edge of the cracker is so thick, you seriously CANNOT bite off one corner with just one bite! I think it's a REAL cracker but it's very very hard to the touch. I suspect they added alot of shortening...


A better view... huge!


Click to enlarge and read the facts! Hours Baked = 105 Hours... erm are you for real???


55th Anniversary, if your Mum or Dad had been eating Jacobs since they're kids, they would have eaten it for almost 55 years. I remember these are the cheap and good things they people can afford to eat more generously... Such crackers are just pure joy. You can eat them when you're bored. Or when you're sick. Or when hunger pangs set in before lunch or dinner. Or if you're broke you can buy a HUGE tin at $5+ and make your remaining fortune last. OR and they displayed some of their old skool posters or tin designs...


I love such packaging but it is against the law to steal it... I almost...


One more


Another


Jacobs everywhere!


Obviously, at a fair like this, they'd be selling the thing they promote!!! Infact this fair was to promote the importance of taking more wheat... I love healthy stuff!!! Gimme more! See these neat yellow packs? We bought 8 packets... these are slightly different from the regular cream crackers. These are oatmeal biscuits (round) and they come in original, apricot or apple! And guess what, you can actually taste the fruit bits! Oishi!!! Delightful!!! Only $1.50 per pack!


More assortments


Spend $12 and get to spin the lucky wheel!


ZQ filling in the lucky draw... very sallah right? You'd think only aunties come for such fairs but you're wrong!!!


Fill up carefully ok Sir, you stand a chance in winning a lifetime supply of crackers (hahah I don't even know what's the price I just made it up).


Fill up until sibei serious. Can you believe it.


We won a Jacobs towel from the wheel spinning. Lol!


Taken from a higher storey...

Alright so much for the whole cracker thing!!!

Everyone eats at Bishan's S11... err it's S11 right? The one with the famous crispy pancake and Qiu Lian Ban Mian?


I moved on to take pictures of the colorful sky. Transition from day to night.


I'd love for the sky color to stay this way. It is somewhat romantic.


It really is, but it does not impress ZQ. He is simply monotonous. Where have all the romantic guys gone to?


And when you miss that transition part, you will see nothing but a one tone thingy... beautiful but shortlived glory of the sky!


ZQ enhancing flavor to his food.


What food? Fish and chips! He didn't know what to eat! No picture of mine cos it's the boring QL Ban Mian... !


Some standard things I ALWAYS buy from Bishan... ZQ took the swiss roll!


Something from today that looks very yummy but I obviously can't eat - Indonesian Laksa! Looks good doesn't it! Go to Greenview eatery at Far East Plaza Level 4. They seriously have ALL KINDS of noodles with low pricing!!! I think I go there more than 3 times a week with my gals.


Hor fun - it's really like the 粉在过河... so much gravy!!! But good cos I need to moisten my throat more... my voice is FUCKED UP today!

That's all I have for you today. Stay tuned for more HK posts!!! I'm super ashamed of how SLOWLY it's being published!!!




♥ posted by Yvonne at 4:53 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**