When your world starts spinning
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
What a horrible lack of updates to this diary...Working 7 days a week's really horrendous, with the tiny chance of sleeping a few hours later on weekends now something of a history.
Thanks to the company's replacement holiday for National Day yestedray, I had a Monday off. Off days are so very precious to me now.
So after working on Sunday and meeting Krist for some 'venting', I was totally looking forward to the Monday off and Tuesday, which I had also taken a day.
Coming home after that dinner, I was unusually tired and remember sleeping relatively early.
And Monday came. Having my body clock tuned to waking up at 7ish, I got up automatically but experienced a slight 'paralysis' which startled me. My back bone was awfully sore, so were my arms, legs etc etc. I suddenly recalled that a few days back I already had the body ache but quite mild.
I tried to get up but my world was spinning. My head was very very heavy and a mild headache was starting to set in, overpowering me till I had to lie back down.
It's been a long time since I felt so sick; even if I get ill in the past, I would still be able to do housework etc, maximizing the opportunity of being on MC and being at home.
I dragged myself up to brush my teeth, in an attempt to stop feeling this way. You can say that I could not accept it. It was hard to get a day's off and I didn't want to be SICK and condemned to the bed.
But it didn't help... I had to lie down...
I quickly took some medicine and had my eyes shut... I half convinced myself that I would be okay in the afternoon, and I wanted to go out and enjoy my two days of leave. But before I knew it, I started having chills and running a temperature.
On and off, I slept, and woke. I have this problem that when I fall ill like this and lie on the bed, my heart starts pounding quite quikcly on and off and if you see me, I'll be tossing and turning and not lying still.
The last time this happened to me was the time I had too many durians and was practically ill for a week, having fever on and off...
This time with the bone aching thing I was worried that it might be dengue... the times I was awake I prayed that it was not and slowly fell asleep again...
And so Monday was over, with me sleeping for almost 20 hours...
Luckily I sweat the fever away, and the next time I woke up, it was 9am this morning...
Sickness sickness please begone...
♥ posted by Yvonne at 11:13 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**