Sunny?


Friday, December 29, 2006

Sun!

I hope it is the end of the rainy season, but no, don't let the sun be too hot too.

Remember the period when there was hardy any rain? When the grass all turned yellow? That was scary as well.

Let there be sunshine, let there be rain! But frankly, after days of rain, it feels so good standing under the nice warm sun.

Such are the feelings we should learn to appreciate sometimes. For me, it is the warmt of the sun, the fresh air and lush greenery in the mornings, the happy people on the streets (minus pickpockets) during the festive seasons, the meals cooked by mummy, the xmas tee from my younger bro, the comfy bed I sleep in, hugging my favourite stuffed animals in bed, enjoyment from feeling a yummy piece of chocolate melt in my mouth, walking along the pretty and clean streets in SG, admiring nice sweet wrappers and food packaging, holding ZQ's hand, making fun of ZQ, satisfaction from housework done, runner's high from a good jog, quenching thirst with good ol' plain water... did it ever occur to you that one day, you won't even get to feel this way if you lose the ability to drink? All the nice, nice little things we have and we feel, please appreciate, they come so easy we think they OUGHT to be there. And I still complain about my misfortune sometimes, like I wish I was like this or have this or that. Humans. Greed and discontent. THIS is one of humans' greatest imperfection.

About half an hour more before I officially leave NTU, will update again with picts, meeting Irene and the gang and Pay and Lilian (maybe) later at night for a drink. Poor Pay. Got condemned and is kind of like homeless now. Why is her Mum so blind?

Before I go, I realise that today, 29th, is the last work day for 2006. =]




♥ posted by Yvonne at 11:56 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**