Back to work!


Wednesday, February 21, 2007

How was your CNY? Must have had alot to eat! I have a funny throat and a numb tongue...

What a day today! Early in the morning, I received 4 ang paos - One from Simon (HR and Finance), also the guy who interviewed me during 1st interview =), David, my boss's boss, and Michael, who is David's boss. Hehe. Also got one just now from Big boss, yeah the generous one, Mark, the 'kai gong' ang pao!

Lion dance for the whole office, every table cubicle, every room, till my ears almost burst! While the crashing of the cymbals might piss some people off, it is quite like music to my ears during the whole ceremony, which lasted a good 20mins, I think? 2 lions and 20 over of my colleagues, including my generous boss all packed in the office... really bursting with the CNY feel! I got a picture of one of the lion with it's head propped over my recep table! Luck luck luck gimme gimme gimme!

Being the very superstitious me, I kept a piece of the orange peel. Shall I leave it in my bag? The lions 'spit' the orange parts and veggie but we couldn't catch any cos it was just too sudden. So I picked up one piece close to me =) The two oranges peeled by the lions for my recep table will be proudly eaten up by me! One of the oranges collected a whiskers from the lion... lol... I'm keeping that as well! I'm totally into all these CNY traditions. The older I get the more I behave like an aunty??? Oh, and after the lions had the lucky "numbers" arranged everyone chipped in and bought 4D!

Lunch for today was Boon Tong Kee chicken rice and various side dishes, sponsored by the company. I am so stuffed now! Urghhh. Didn't have breakfast but still this is way too heavy for brunch...Visiting boss's home in a moment, and then, a dinner treat from him at 7pm. But I'm not sure if I can eat anymore... so sinful from the chicken rice! Whacking green tea now... -_-"

I must say this is the first tim I've experience a company doing so much for CNY. Cool...

Pictures will be added to this blog tonight!




♥ posted by Yvonne at 2:38 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**