Love for this blog
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Realised I haven't posted for so many days, this blog is so neglected and sure deserves some lovin'.Updates about my new job (yes, finally!), and other sweet and bitter things encountered...
After a long and winding journey of job hunting, which comprised of days with much dilligence and enthusiasm and also days with extreme low morale and dejection... I found a job. For the benefit of anyone who might be reading this, who is coincidentally doing market research on how long people go jobless, I had a break of 45 days before my new job. The longest I was ever unemployed. (Note: Starting work on 12.02.2007, 45 days include the coming few days of rest)
I lost count of the number of interviews I went for, and I got used the questions that employers ask.
My way of feeling more comfortable in an interview is to make it conversational. It's not an FAQ session. It is where you interact with your prospective employer to find out more about the company, job scope, expectations and any other shit you might want to know. And during the 'conversation' the prospective employer also asks you stuff while he or she accesses you. It should really be a two way thing. But for the two way conversation to occur, the employee (you) should be rather interested in the job (at the least, 65%). That is what would spur you to be keen and want to know more about the job. If you are only acting and deceiving yourself that 'yes, this is THE job, I REALLY want the job', the whole interview is likely to be quite an act.
Thus bringing me to my next point, how long can you act?
Because of my character, I find it hard to act. I admit giving a fucked up overview and an actually-I'm-not-that-interested attitude at some interviews (needless to say they never got back to me). I also rejected some offers eventually despite going for 2nd interviews because I decided that I didn't really fancy the jobs and didn't want history to repeat itself. At some point of the days unemployed, I got so SICK of the interviews. Like I'm forcing myself to get a damned job because of all the pressure I'm facing. At another point i got SICK of updating my family and friends about my status and decided to go on hiatus from many people except my beloved ZQ and close friends.
Speaking of ZQ, he went through lots of roller coaster shit this one month. With the crazy emotional me, he seriously cannot predict when I will laugh or cry.
Back to the new job, I will be handling customer service and some marketing for Citimex Int'l Pte Ltd, distributer of luxury timepiece and writing instruments. They are doing more of a B2B business. Check out their website at http://www.citimex.com.sg
I will surely fill you guys in once I commence work. What draws me to accept the offer was the job scope and opportunities. Although, yes, I never think of going too far in my career. I still want to be a simple woman who focuses most of her time in her family. I guess... this thinking won't deviate much.
Over with the new job, before I move on, I would also like to give credit to the days I haven't been working. They aren't all bad and shitty days, infact, this was the period I could really sleep, rest, exercise, read, go online, go out anytime, do a whole truckload of chores (you wouldn't believe how much) and much more. Which on usual work days I wouldn't be able to achieve. Hence, what i'm saying is that this rest period hasn't been good nor has bad... just... different.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner! And yours truly has already gotten her gift (http://www.shopadidas.ca/vr4-web-site/catalogservlet?productId=21621506&categoryId=2286849), pretty outer wear which can be worn, formal or casual, in a way very romantic by her standards... for details, you can ask me personally =)
The whole incident only makes me looks damn petty!!! But surely, also makes me love him more =))) (Notice the triple smiley)
V-day is coming and CNY will follow shortly, how's your intake of trans fats? Yes, those goodies equate trans fats. Bringing up the topic with Geraldine and mum the other day, mum's response was a resounding 'Aiyah!! Yat leen yat qi!! Sek jor sin da xun la!". She said, once a year, eat first, fret later! -_-"
And such would be the mentality of any Singaporeans I believe. CNY remains the most important festival for us Chinese. For me, I will indulge in my fav egg rolls (the thick thick yellow ones... slurpssss...), kuek bangkit and coin bak kwa! But I remember one day I was also craving for mooncakes. I dunnooo la. More updates about CNY soon.
And here's a pict of me with eye mask on last night, I don't know how this relates in any way to this entry, but I'll just post it anyway.

Ya looks a tad scary, pardon me.
That's all for now!!!
♥ posted by Yvonne at 10:55 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**