Sessions with Grandpa
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Ever so interesting. I think I am damn lucky, my grandparents speak Chinese so there's no language barrier; Granny was a Chinese teacher and Grandpa was an artist. I would like to share their love story (amazing) but I have no time now, after this entry gotta go prepare to meet my 1-week-no-meet-ZQ. !!! Write about it soon k!These are the things I do when I visit my grandparents.

What could we be studying?


Grandpa's notes! Meaningful Chinese Idioms, Proverbs, what have you. He has many many notebooks, all with handwritten stuff he learnt and gathered from different sources. My Grandpa's one hardworking man.

This one means, if you find a wife, she ought to be virtuous; in a husband, you should look for a good character. Erm, I suck at translation, I'm not a linguist!!! Anyway, I love reading the Chinese version, like so shiok.
Another one I copied from my lesson with Grandpa:

This should really apply for me. =\ for the benefit of those who can't understand the above, it means, Life for an optimist can begin anytime, life for a pessimist can END anytime. Cool right? Well, I did feel better after going through many stuff during our close to one hour session. Thanks Grandpa. =)
Write more later! And I'll share some more when I dig out the notes I've copied previously.
♥ posted by Yvonne at 10:40 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**