You only live once, make sure you look good
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
If you know that you're gonna die anyway (as in, life has an end, we ain't got a choice), why live ugly?I just can't stop criticizing about me, myself, and I! From head... to toe! Tell me, which woman is satisfied with the way she looks?
My nails are really long now, but they are so thin and keep splitting. I think the daily dosage of detergent and cleaning agent really contributes to that. This is horrible. I want nice and immaculately polished fingers but I just can't. I'd love to get extensions again but the thought of possible fungus growth puts me off. My toe nails suck even worse - from the daily covered shoes and jogging. Okay so much about the nails.
My eyebrows are (were) so unruly, I get all nervous when the stray hairs grow out, not that I have much hair up there anymore, but, it's just a personal thing.
Yeah, they were unruly but this has been settled cos I went for threading yesterday. The $5 service is so good - this Indian shop in my neighbourhood - everytime I go it is almost certain that I have to queue up!!! It's already my 7th or 8th time there. I used to only go to Hollywood Secrets... cos of their "plucking only" technique ($12). But ever since I used threading, I realized, it actually gives the same effect!
Boobs: I thought I ever heard from someone or somewhere, that boobs can only be called 'boobs' if you've got bigger breasts... cos EVERYONE has breasts, even men, but whether they should be called boobs, depends on their size.
I definitely have no boobs! LOL. But maybe if I do it the Paris Hilton (who denied her bust enhancement) way - using a real good push up bra, I'll have a damn nice cleavage too!
Will I? How about investing in a Chalone? But seriously Yvonne and Cleavage have never been friends =(
Super funny page I came across with different (lame) versions to define "boobs". Take a read!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boobs
My skin (body)! I ought to scrub more. All that lack of discipline reduced my scrubbing regime to only once every one or two months! ommfg. Unpolished skin, unpolished me.
My skin (face)! don't even talk about it. It's so bad I might be taking some drastic measures soon!
Hair: H for hopeless.
My everything else of my body: Flab at the wrong places, unsightly hair, enlarged pores, ugly this, ugly that, ugly EVERYWHERE!!!
Or could I still be the same old me, just that my paranoia level increased? Ever came across blogs with gals who are super gorgeous and then post a picture and say "This is me WITHOUT MAKEUP, my skin (which is usually glowing and super fair) is so baaadddd today!"
Nabei purposely one lo, they know their skin very good and have to say it's BAD. So they can receive comforting comments like "Oh, even without makeup, your skin is still so perfect!!!" That kind of cheap thrill lor. Comments made by oggling guys who do nothing but masturbate all day.
I think every guy's heart would melt to see a sweet little girl who has nice and fair skin.
Despite this I still run in the blazing sun, go tanning and etc. No wonder I never make it. But I just like to be 'browned'. After a week's aircon absorption in the office which is highly detrimental to the body.
I love the shop floor.
All the brands, the colors, the posters and more importantly, the products! I could own all of the cosmetics.
Despite all the flaws we have, I still think that human beings are best creations on Earth (minus the murderers, terrorists etc). But then again, terrorists weren't born bad; most of the it is the environment that forces people to do what they shouldn't.
On the shop floor everyday, I see people with all the different facial expressions and it is AMAZING. People applying the tester hand cremes, smelling and smiling, some looking at the products, floor staff explaining details to customers, happy people, bored people, young people, old people etc etc. It's quite cute when you observe all the different kind of facial expressions,
On a side note, I happened to look closely at the Sisley counter after lunch today, and saw this travelers' skin care set (miniature of about 5 products), priced at a whooping S$400+.
OMG. I mean OM-MFG. It's miniatures, not even full sized.
It really makes me wonder what's inside Sisley products. You know what, I'm a go check it out now. Maybe it could help my skin?
This is such a materialistic entry, but I am, we are, in some way or another so don't act like you're not!!!
But I'm glad I'm not the super exaggerated kind 5Cs that kinda shit.
It's the last work day of the week tomorrow!
P.S. I didn't get any speckled eggs yesterday... please don't tell me they're sold out for Easter!
♥ posted by Yvonne at 9:36 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**