Nike Human Faint and the one who cannot stop swearing.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sunday is the Nike Human Race and because the month had been tough - with all my days spent nursing a dreadful virus and my yo-yo emotions, I've not ran since after the first weekend of August (and to think I did a pathetic 2km). This is NOT a piece of good news. Bro just did the Army Half and warned me how it 'chui-ed' him... Though it isn't my first 10km, it IS the first time that it's less than a week to a 10km and I'm not even a least bit prepared. Anyhow, I'm seriously chicken-ing out at the thought of this Sunday.ZQ: "Nvm dd, cannot jog I walk with u. Dun worry k"
With that sentence I can suddenly imagine my life partner telling me "I will stay by your side forever" when I'm very very very sick on the bed...
Really, when you make a vow on the day you get married: "... in sickness and in health... till death do us part...", will you really mean it? OR will you just be going through the motion? Because it is a thing that everyone says?
Anyhow, if it is true love, death shall NOT do a pair apart... other than their physical presence being apart, their souls and memory will be interwined for eternity. ZQ's words and the recent reading of Spark's The Choice got me started with all these vow shit again.
And to digress abit, Bro told me this morning about some religion thing and that a devoted one should not be swearing and cursing etc. I think of myself and feel ASHAMED at the number of times I swear - everywhere, on my blog, when making funny comments, when ANGRY, even when I'm just talking normal. This is bad and I think one should really have some "口德" (did I type the characters right?). I don't want my grandparents' teachings to go to a waste and I don't want to be such a 'lousy' person! Though some people already hate me but that's their problem, the problem now is I don't want to have another reason to hate myself. But I sometimes cannot help it. Now I know why self-control is an important thing. To know it now, is it too late? I don't know! Lol. Self-control can be for many things. Money, lust, swearing. Everything, I guess, can be controlled. We CAN, it is a matter of whether we WANT to.
I think I started swearing a lot more these recent years, maybe because the surroundings and people have gotten alot more "F"-ed up? See, I'm swearing again. But hell (again), I can't help it. Even words like 'shit' and 'hell' should be REMOVED if I want to clear my system. Shit. Opps.
Do me a favor and tell me off the next time we talk and my language gets colorful, okay?
Speaking of running, I'm surfing Pure Yoga's website for some other long term plans. I've been wanting to try yoga but have never gotten down to actually signing up. With all the horror stories about Yoga Centres, I had better do my research properly. Thinking of committing for about 12 months first. I hope it can free my mind abit.
Aside from Yoga, I haven't given up on piano. Because of unforseen circumstances over the last few months, my most-loved classes have come to an end. Unless there's something that suits my timing, otherwise, mega SIGH. Or should I really do a 'self-study'? Tell me what to do seriously.
♥ posted by Yvonne at 10:13 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**