记忆的味道


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Due to my overly emotional and sensitive nature, a slight whiff of any familar scent can easily bring me back to a certain phase of my life, both happy, or sad. The happy ones bring a smile to my face but knowing that they're gone sometimes give me an awfully bittersweet feeling. The sad ones linger for a while and never fail to make me sigh. I really don't know why both happy and sad thoughts end with a negative note. It must be my personality. Having said that, life is too short for one to dwell on the past!

I was walking on the shop floor on my way to settle some matters this morning when a sweet vanilla fragrance greeted me. As much as I tried not to, my mind automatically wondered off. I suspect one of the nearby sales assistant is the culprit for yet another of my 'scent tragedy'. The feeling comes as such - suddenly, the surroundings don't matter and my mind's filled with information from the relevant 'era' of that scent. For this one, it brings me back to my secondary school days.

I'm sorry if this is getting a little boring, but I type what comes to my mind!

I was just 15 or 16, and being 21 and beyond seemed to be something I wanted to achieve a hell lot. To me then, when I hit 21, life would be perfect. I would be out of school (to most students, school was shit with so many rules and lack of freedom, why'd everyone have to study all the standard, uninteresting subjects anyway?). I dreamt, when I finished school, I could do whatever I wanted. I would find a nice job and finally earn my own income. I would maybe be free of all my problems (family and self) and I would be married soon after with the 'guy' who was always on my mind. I never had a boyfriend but I had an image of 'my guy'. Tall, built but his head was a 'black, blurred box', I am serious). I would attend all the language and music courses I desired, and I would maybe really have my own magazine column. I had a very rich imagination. And wishful one I'd say.

And what happens once you really hit 21, and beyond?

Turns out, none of what I actually thought would be easily achieved happened afterall. But then again, I have also achieved many other things and matured a great deal., I know it.

Humans are afterall, quite greedy creatures and though you're gotten to a certain level you once thought you'd be happy at, you're bent to head on to the next. It is scary but true. Or maybe, we have to go that way, given that we all live in this ruthless, competitive and costly planet.

Speaking of planet... I am suddenly reminded of Irene's DEADLY and POWERFUL wish - to travel 30 countries by the time she hits 30.

Waah lao eh, don't lidat leeehh...

Crikes, not many people can reach HER level lor. Well, which mountain did she go to reach that level? Haaaa.

Counting down - just 21 days before I get to mix with the Hong Kong crowd! Woot! Itinerary's about a third (or less) done and it is so fun! I've always loved planning such things. Before I went for my primary school camp more than a decade ago, I would be waiting excitedly to receive the 'three day program' sheet from my teacher. Just like to see all the plannings - 'treasure hunt!'... 'teabreak!'... etc etc. Now's my turn to plan!

If you had a boyfriend who love planning and plans super romantic dinners with awesome plans (think Tay Ping Hui in the 9pm drama when he whipped up a special meal for he and co-star Ann Kok's Wedding Anni), how nice it would be!!!


Tay Ping Hui with Ann Kok. He's sooooo man!!! (I like Christ Lee, Tay and Thomas Ong).

I HATE TV DRAMAS!!!!!!! WHY REFLECT ALL THE GUYS LIKE SO 完美 LOR!!!

Ahem. Well, for the younger generation, I like Nat Ho!!! Hahah I long 'observed' him when he was singing in Idols.

BTW, I ran about 3km +++ on Sunday morning before I went for my facial, I must have exerted somewhere, it's already Tuesday and my body feels misplaced. Aging, maybe?

Mum's cooking tonight. Lots of greens as usual and I can't wait to indulge in these home made goodness. I may climb the stairs tio get a bit of exercise today.

How was your Tuesday?

Watched Kungfu Panda with my 100 marks bf yesterday and Po's really really cute. Yesterday I felt like Ling possessed me. Why? Cos Ling watches EVERY movie and buys lots of Tofu plushies. Yesterday I watched a movie and bought a small tofu!!! Yikes!!! Haha.

Gonna catch Sex & The City with my beloved gal pals this Thurs... it was so hard to finally fix a timing that suits all 5 of us... but I just received an email from my boss saying there's a meeting at 5:00pm that day. GREAT... I hope nothing goes wrong... But I bet there's lots to discuss though for the event happening this Friday. Kaoz... its until midnight... I don't know how long I've to stay that night but maybe I could hang around to see all those atas people and the celebs. Heard the PS Queen Dawn is coming... time to unveal her basketball head - as described by this blogger.

That's all for now, I'm feeling super UNITDY and SLUGGISH and UGLY... Need to go home and hide my face. Need to do a facial myself tonight.

Oh shit, I need to get body scrub... can I get some with a snap of my fingers? ZZZ.




♥ posted by Yvonne at 3:58 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**