Never a bloated day again


Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Given the amount of junk we consume (and lose count of) everyday, it's common to feel bloated and constipated. Everyone has a day or two feeling bloated and sluggish and urggghhhh.

My determined mind used to have full control over what I would decide to put in my mouth, but over the years, it has weakened dramatically. Aside from the three proper meals a day, what about the times I had a handful of nuts here, a bite of chocolate there, and a few pieces of trans-fats loaded cookies? We don't know where and how the 'weight' came from, but back track and realise, all these 'little bit of chocolate' adds up to 5kg of extra mass! Or more! Sigh!

And sitting in front of the com for 10hrs doesn't help! Getting dulan over shitty emails from assholes does not really help build a slender waistline.

I finally went for a run last night, after what, 2 weeks plus? I felt like an elephant. Trust me, if you miss exercise for too long and suddenly hit the roads, your body will feel clumsy and wobbly even if you warmed up properly. Needless to say, after a while, I wanted to give up but I forced myself to go further... and I made it!

Am seriously thinking that my knees, especially the right one, is cranky... after a short while of running it will start to hurt. It doesn't hurt bad but it may well be a warning sign. People have been telling me to start consuming Glucosamine (did I spell it right?) for I think, 2 years? I didn't! I don't like the idea of taking pills.

Aside from Accutane now, I'm also on another medication, and its already feeling very 'unhealthy'. I always feel that pills will remain in your body and while curing the targetted problem, may be detrimental to another organ e.g. liver or kidneys. The best is really to go pill-free and go up to the mountains everyday to meditate. Haha! But did you ever read news about people at the terminal stage of cancer who do just that, and suddenly are free from the illness? Maybe it does work... I see so many terminally ill people, they are on tonnes of western mediciation but seem to still get weaker. The human body now is so much different from that of the past, our ancestors' times, and we now suffer from so many mf STRANGE diseases that in turn make people come up with WEIRD medications.

What about TCM? Well, out of curiosity, there was a time I had a BAD FLU and I decided to consult the TCM practitioner at YT. And I did, well, it's not any cheaper (around $30+) and after I finished my medication, I WAS STILL NOT WELL! Friends told me, 'aiyah, its like that, TCM is slower...". I don't know, but after that try, I won't really go for TCM anymore. The only form of TCM I like and will continue till I'm old is herbal tea and jelly!

I still use my own way, to feel less bloated. How? Well, consume either Florida's Natural grapefruit juice (siap siap taste) or Del Monte's prune juice (ugly color, looks like iodine really). Not very pleasant tastes I must say but I'm very used to them... I'm actually quite tolerant of yucky drinks for health's sake.

If you're having trouble with shitting, I suggest you take the prune juice cos it really, really clears your colon! Sometimes I wonder, we eat SO MUCH, but where's all the waste??? The thought of them remaining in the body freaks me out... so sometimes I think of (many) ways to flush out toxins.

I remember eating Pai Du Mei Yan Bao sometime back, wow, that made me visit the loo like 4-6 times a day. But I eventually stopped consumption cos it was freaky to shit that many times... they claim to help lose weight, of cos lose la, shit so much!

But these two weeks when I'm taking alot of the two said juices, this 'shitting' thing is back to 'haunt' me... well, it could be a sign that I'm over doing it but then again, it may also mean my insides are so filthy! Anyhow, taking a dump is one of the most enjoyable things but we sometimes forget to give it credit! I mean, don't you feel good after a good dump? But frankly, with these juices, I need to go to the loo after every meal... omgsh.

Okay, so much for shitting issues. I meant to type these to tell you to try prune juice if you have constipation. Even eating fruits don't make you shit so much... However, go easy on this jucie cos I think there's quite abit of sodium? Bah. Nothing is perfect la.

Today, my San Francisco colleague, Lynn, popped by my office to see me! So glad to meet up with her again! I forgot to buy a jar of Kaya for her (I knew of her visit today), so I ran over to Far East to buy a jar and I was so glad I managed to pass it to her before she left! Super rush... her flight's at 5! Lynn loves Ya Kun's kaya toasts! Wanted to get her a jar to bring home, also to thank her for her guidance all these months. Told her that I'd really love to visit San Francisco sometime... seems like a beautiful city! Really envious of her... she flies to different countries frequently. But she tells me long-haul flights aren't fun!

I smell quite shitty now from all the 'food fumes' at Far East. Maybe they should install something to 'suck' up the fumes... really too smelly liao.

And I tried this 'fried mars bars' from Chippy British Take Away at the basement. Sounded really gross, when Yim told me about it... mars bars? Fried?? Apparently it's a hot favourite that was even publicized on the papers some time back. Frankly speaking, the fact that its Mars and it's deep fried already turns me off. I don't like Mars (too caramelly) and deep fried is like so oily.

BUT IT TASTES FABULOUS!!!



4 little pieces (looks like mini goreng pisang) served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and choclate sauce, it is orgasmic in all ways. I didn't want to eat it (the thought of oily choc is kinda gross), but the gals told me to try, and I loved it!!!

Warning: very, very sinful though. I had one small piece and that was enough!

Time to go home... feel a little wrong, don't tell me I'm falling sick... =(




♥ posted by Yvonne at 5:40 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**