Rocky road


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's been a challenging week so far, with not-so-smooth events occuring at work. And so my face is really black.



This picture shows a black face, literally! A bit of Origins' charcoal mask on my already disastrous face last night.

So digressed.

I just submitted the article my superiors told me to write for the company.

I spent one month writing it.

Don't get me wrong, I can do an article (a proper one) in a matter of days, but please consider that I had to write that while handling my own scope of (shit) work...

It's not just writing, per se, like the entry I'm typing now, but a CORPORATE thingy that needs facts and figures. F & F calls for research and that sucks!

Despite complaining about the sucky parts, I'm actually also glad I was told to do the job.

I'm a confused little girl. I love and hate things.

On a negative note, it's a shit job so I was made to do it, but on the bright side, it's a form of enrichment! But alas! Self consolation is no consolation so what the fuck!

And in the recent weeks when I've had truckloads of asses to wipe, it was hard to spend any time at all on the article. I tried to complete the task at home but after all the chores I simply could not find any way to concentrate anymore (and to think my childhood dream was to write magazine columns).

Today, I was extremely pissed off with this thing, hanging by the moment, incomplete and absolutely bugging me.

I hecked care the world and 一口气 completed it! I finally did! When I submitted my three-paged work I was glad and not glad at the same time.

When I was assigned the task almost three months ago, I was certain I could do an excellent job and that was a chance to impress! But I eventually got sick of writing, due to many reasons which I can't be bothered to share.

Then I thought to myself, if I had gotten into the editorial line, I would've been either dead or cursing every other day if I was not.

It is not easy. It is fucked up. It fucks with your brain, its juices and of course its cells.

I loved composition writing back in school days but those days are seriously OVER.

We used to be so hopeful of the future, and now that we're 24, what happened?

Life is never how we thought it would be - again, think of the bloody house with two windows, a door, a fence, super green grass and a happy family (mum has curly hair).

In reality, Mum has no curly hair. The family is FUCKED UP big time, the house looks like crap (cos no one bothers with chores), the grass is NEVER green in this society, and, and, everything OPPOSITE.

Sigh. Why the negativity again?

All because of how an article fucked with my mind? BTW, Accutane causes depression. I suffered depression before, so now am I gonna get hyper depression or something.

There's a new management trainee who'll be seated next to me. She came from our San Francisco office for an attachment here. Another new friend. Why am I blogging about this? Because coincidentally San Fran's one of those cities I yearn to visit very much, because I like the way it sounds - "San Francisco". Uber cool. So is San Jose and San Diego. Really. I don't know why but they just sound really cool.

I'm going to San Hong Kong... how about that. Lame.

Recently I have alot on my mind again...

Today I had no appetite so I decided to do some reading at the library.

Regrettably, it started pourly atrociously. God, 连给我去library也不可以吗?

I ended up at the McCafe alongside the road (the one outside Mango at Shaw), and luckily, got a seat in the middle row so I wasn't disturbed by the crazy splattering rain.


Somehow this pict looks as though it wasn't raining. Wonder why.

Anyhow. I had a quiet time alone staring hard at the flowing traffic and the rain.

I wished the rain could wash my sorrows away. I'm not exactly sorrowful anymore, but everyone has their problems...

Headed back to the office to be faced with more shit.

And now, I just wanna go home...




♥ posted by Yvonne at 5:20 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**