The other men in my life
Friday, May 30, 2008
Junjie is damn man.His built, his squarish face and nice features. Love his dressing in the show too...
Men who make me beam. My company's flower boy's arms make me weak in the knees too. If you haven't already known, this whole desperate housewives thing is occuring (mildly) to me at work. Well, fantasize 一下会死 meh? Anyway, if we need our fix of men, there's the Cleo or Her World Men's special thingy a few times in a year. It's fair okay? What about you men? Have so many mags to satisfy your thirst - Maxim, Playeur, FHM etc etc etc.

Talking about Christopher Lee, I remember how crazy I was over him during my Primary and Secondary school days (I often rushed to see him when he made public appearance). I really like him la. He's a kampong boy and handy man, not those 好看不好吃。I also read that Fann Wong stuck by him all these years cos he's the kind when you're sick he will cook for you that kind...

Forget it... he'll never be mine!
When I was a kid, I used to hold on to the hope that one fine day I'd happen to be involved with my favourite male celebrity and somehow or rather he falls for me though I have no boobs, no looks, no talents and he announces to reporters that "this is the girl of my life, this NORMAL girl.." and the media would be shocked and starts to follow us and my vague side profile pictures would be all over the gossip mags with the headlines like, 'Who is Christopher dating?', 'Mystery plain jane behaving intimately with 阿哥'.
OKAY LAUGH ALL YOU WANT!!! EVERYONE HAS DREAMS!!! It may be possible right? Don't tell me, celebrity only can marry celebrity? then like this, won't their lives be very miserable? So little choices!!!
Nowadays I still fantasize, when I'm washing the dishes.
I tell you, each time I do the dishes I think of many (brilliant) things.
Well, this 9pm drama is wonderful. It's my kind of show. Because I'm the unrealistic sort and my mind wonders very very far when it comes to loving.
Everyday no life, just you like me, I like you, I sacrifice for you, you admire me from afar, I kill you (for love), I don't like you, but you love me. I end up with him (caught you by surprise, right?) And he ends up with nothing. Those endless crap. Like they got nothing else to do but be caught in this game of love for a whole 24 hours, and months, and years.
But, 10% daily life and 90% love triangle scenes - it is the scriptwriter's intention!
Mum found yesterday's episode particularly annoying, especially the parts whereby Junjie was trying so m-f hard to find Xiaorou, looking here, but she was there, and looking elsewhere but she was that close.
It's the kind of scenarios that make you curse "哇佬!!!她在那边啦!!!”But admit it, despite cursing how cliched the plot is, you still indulge silly in the drama! It's MADE that way to keep viewers hooked. the next 9pm show features Tay Ping Hui who's a House husband and impotent too! OMG, something different from the current one. I suspect I will be glued to it too. Okay I do understand how a proportion of S'poreans condemn our local dramas but please give them a chance! Really can make it.
Talking about "can make it", I just got scolding from a cannot make it customer. Such a bitch. Disgrace to us women. the thing about alot of Singaporean customers, they just want it FOC. You tell them one thing, they drag to ten other irrevant issues and slam the bloody phone.
A good thing I'm quite at the nirvana of CS (why am I in it, when my title isn't it? Beats me), and I'm thinking, they're mad at the company, not me. but fuck, sometimes really wonder why I should withstand all these mad dog barkings. FUCK!
Sigh. I wish Singaporeans have half the politeness of the caucasians. Unfortunately, some of them are just fucked up!!!

Chicken Wraps
Yim brought us to the Turkish restaurant at Far East and we had the delicious wraps for lunch. And to cure the lingering blues from the bad week I had, I proceeded to buy milk tea.

Before Koi Cafe came about, I relied on 满家乐 for my occassional fix of rich milk tea. Sweet talk is really out of the question because I'm slowly starting to associate them with poor hygiene (incident: stacking of the cups of premade chendol) and poor horrid artificial tastes. But frankly speaking, how much hygience could we expect out of these F & B outlets. I've worked for one before, witnessed how my couldn't-care-less colleagues functioned, and accepted that just ONE person's effort to keep clean won't make any difference. And artificial flavouring? It's common for these drink stalls but then again, there is a difference in the level of artificial-ness also lor.
C'mon la, make until so clean, waste time... they eat already also shit out...
I vaguely remember my colleague then telling me this...
Anyhow, I maintain my loyalty for MJL and Koi since when I witness them preparing it's really quite hygenic. Koi's super duper open concept means you can see the entire process of them preparing your drinks.

Very random, Gelare's basic waffle with cream and maple syrup. Eating it without the ice cream is really good enough! The waffle is fragrant and has a satisfying salty taste from the butter.

Peace by Kenzo (not mine, but parked at my table first), such nice packaging!

Exotic fruits shared with my family after dinner yesterday... nice colors! I felt very 'exotic' and 'forest' eating them... all the deep colors...
I'm a very greedy person!
After Krist's grad trip to Europe and hearing from ZQ that Billy is going there too, I've (almost) decided, to visit a western country next year! It is going to be costly, but I really want to...
Mika told me to set aside $500 per month for 10 months to a year and I can have a nice nice trip to Europe...
$500 a month, hmm, on top of all the current commitments?
Commitments increase but not the pay? So how?
Earn extra!!! Brainstorming everyday since God knows when. Maybe that's why I lose sleep every night.
赚多等于花多,Granny always warns me. But frankly, do you want to be stuck with your low pay forever? Especially when suddenly, SG is advancing and advancing at a scary rate?
Almost 5 years post graduation, I'm still under-accomplished. Thanks or no thanks to all that had happened, I'm where I am today. I wouldn't say that I've accomplished nothing but it is definitely not enough. I blame in on my own mis-doings and my poor determination.
And I know this cannot go on because I will soon be 5 years away from being a thirty year old woman.
When you are thirty, you can no longer have the excuse of "I'm still young and confused".
How shall I live my next five years?
♥ posted by Yvonne at 10:16 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**