Wordy wordy


Sunday, April 22, 2007

Missed facial on Saturday because I overslept!! Zzzz... looks like I will have to wait till next week... let the horrid pimples on my face multiply further... oh no!

I think (hope) I am getting a LITTLE better at my piano... need to wake up my idea and start reading up and practising throughout the week, so I can recognize the bass clef notes better. So horrid. While I have no big issues with my right hand placements (years with the band built the foundation), my left hand is an absolute mess. Sigh.. and you should see the way my left hand fingers hit the keyboard... just can't depress fully sometimes. Arghh! Like the teacher says, I gotta practice more and work on my techniques.

Despite all the boo-boos, I'm lovin' every minute of this whole piano playing thing because it's something I've wanted so badly for TOO long.

Woke up really late on Sat (and yeah, missed facial) and so decided to just relax the early part of the day away... Made myself a super healthy breakfast of toasted wholemeal bread with lettuce and tomato. LOL... no spreads or egg or tuna (my fav), just veg. Haven't had a crazy healthy fix for a loooong time. Don't you guys remember I used to do alot of these diet shit?

Ironically, the supposedly diet-crazy and healthy girl has been indulging naughtily for too many times! Well, I should really bring some healthy me back. I must admit the 'sandwich' was a little dry, but does moisture from the tomato count? It's really encouraging to start the day fat-free...

And just when I thought so highly of myself for kick starting the day with this so-called mighty breakfast... yours truly succumbed to a pack of KINDER BUENO soon after. Sounds familiar? Well, I know some of you are guilty of such actions la... as in, not being able to sustain a diet. It really isn't something alien... I mean, who can resist food, and, chocolates???

SIGH. And in an attempt to counter what I devoured, I skipped lunch. And this vicious cycle goes on. Anyway, I think I'm just mad. Met up with Krist at Tiong bahru MRT, she was hand in hand with her boy and they were a picture of bliss. Feeling really happy for Krist that she has such a lovely relationship now... I mean, after what she went through!! Sigh, some girls just kena guys from hell.

Ok let's talkabout happy things =) Like, me and Krist ended up staying put at Tiong Bahru Plaza, our 'hometown", and we ended up having Foot Reflexology!!! F.Y.I we had planned to go to town but ended up not.

Oh, I forgot to talk about dinner, we had ours at Xiao Xuan Feng at Tiong Bahru Plaza itself... Save the words... here's some pretty and yummy picts:


I love the shop... really pretty...


The kinda old old feel which I like!


Ordering under Krist's recommendations...


Eight treasures tea...


Food! Red bean pancake, spicy dan-dan noodles and xiao long bao!


The filling was delicious!!

Hehe, back to the foot reflexology part.... damn shiok but some parts so painful!!! Apparently the spots that hurt like shit indicate all your problem areas. Each point of your foot indicates a different body part... And I bloody have a prob with my urinary system (weak), head (too much computer viewing), and erm, something about I'm not supposed to take so many cold drinks....

Here's another pict to enhance this blog entry. Hahaha. You really can feel the foot massage already, right?



Luckily we didn't puke our wonderful dinner out when they pressed on the spots so painful. Wa lao... the pain is like excruciating, can? Anyhow, I must say that AFTER the 30 minutes plus, you feel like you're walking on clouds!!

Ended the day with the movie 200 Pounds Beauty at Bishan with ZQ, really nice show... funny and touching... haven't seen a Korean flick for a long time. I remember some of the good Korean movies I've ever watched - My Sassy Girl (I must say that was really the best!), Sex is Zero (funny shit!), Everybody Has Secrets (saucy!) and... hmm, there are a few more but I think I can't recall the titles... Anyway go watch this 200 pounds one... really touching I was crying (discreetly)...


Ya I can't get my hands off him! Freezin' cold in the theatre.


The movie poster!

- Sunday, Today! -


After ZQ left to meet his friend for revision, I decided to roam Chinatown! You know, the mood just gets to you like suddenly!


Soakin up the air at Chinatown!

I ended up covering not only Chinatown (Ann Siang Hill, Smith St, Temple St, Pickering St etc etc etc) but also The new Central mall (my 2nd visit) at Clarke Quay, also, Funan (spent some time at Cristofori music at Funan, checking out sheets and some folks playing the piano. I love piano music... just... beautiful), Raffles City and Marina SQ!

Tell me it wasn't the foot reflexology that got my legs so walking crazy.

Had a super relaxing time at Global Sounds Cafe... my 2nd visit as well... it's nice to hang out there with your beau, but it isn't too bad to be there alone if you want some 'me' time alone...cafe in a shophouse...


So cute! Doesn't it just tempts you to check it out?




Instead of the sofa seats, I chose the regular table because I love what's ON the table!! Musical scores spread on the table and covered up with plastic. Man.. music... piano scores. I LOVE IT!


See???

Dinner! Instead of fancy food from the 101 fancy cafes I passed by throughout all the destinations, I ta-pao-ed my fav bittergourd and sliced fish rice from the food stall near my place. And... I waited 20 minutes man... sucks... super crowded on a Sunday night.

My fav dinner... I'm a big fan of bittergourd:



Did housework hastily when I reached home, had a lovely bath and enjoyed dinner in front of the TV watching Ms Singapore. Is it just me, or is it true that less focus is being placed in this pageant now? Was telling my Mum how the whole show seemed like to be in a rush... go through the motion, ask the questions, crown, smile, thank you, bye bye. hmm, like, totally absolutely incredibly not grand at all.

MONDAY tomorrow! I hope it'll be a good week with no shit and screw-ups.

But well, like they say, you can choose to make your day. You can choose to be happy, or choose to be in the blues. OK, I shall try to embrace the day with much gusto and joy.


You too.




♥ posted by Yvonne at 11:31 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**