那种奇怪的感觉?
Friday, January 30, 2009
How's the CNY so far for y'all?CNY Eve - Granny's place for reunion dinner
CNY Day 1 - Visiting Dad, Granny's place, River Hong Bao, Changi Airport, East Coast with Mum and Aunt
CNY Day 2 - Visiting my In-laws, Irene's place, 2 relatives' place and ZQ's sec sch fren's place
CNY Day 3 - Jogging (finally! to melt the CNY fats!) and some housework omg the house's in a mess! Next was a trip to HDB to settle stuff and the queue was so long!! OMG. I didn't expect this at CCK. After I was done, made my way to Juan's place for awhile for the 2 major 'B's - Bak Kwa and Ban Lak! Lol. Headed home to bathe and change and immediately headed to Kathy's place to eat again. Faint. Thereafter, we sent Mum home and the sibs - my bros and me, headed down to Zouk! Crazy!
One of the greatest joy in Mambo would be joining in the robotic moves but if you're not a fan of that, the sing-along parts promise great fun too =) A pity Jon and Denise (back in SIN for CNY) totally hated the crowd! Denise prefers R & B.
It was twice as crowded that night - must've been because of the CNY... I think tonnes of people were still on leave for day 3. I would expect myself to be pissed off in a while being in that kind of crowd, but I found the three of us, hopping and singing non stop amidst the crazy crowd all the way till 3am!
To me, mambo = fun and regular R & B brings about dirty dancing. Yet I can see girls dirty dancing to
CNY Day 4 -
After 2 hours of sleep I found myself on the way to work! I was still feeling okay when I set off. But after 10am, I honestly was dozing off every 15 mins. Presenteesim. Horrids.
ZQ 'welcomed' my sleepy face at 5:45pm and we headed back to my place. Met up with KY and walked back together. Mum and Kathy were already busy cooking up a storm! Krist and LP arrived shortly after followed by Uncle Philip and Aunt Margaret. Geraldine was last and when all was here, we proceeded to have the 'tossing' session again. It was my 5th Yushang already. My gosh.
Things to buy today -
Boxed tissues for my work desk, also thinking of getting a new cup for use at work too (my current one from Daiso is quite chui already... with a cheapo plastic lid from pasar malam). How about a nice new cup with its own lid? I saw a few nice ones from More than Words =). since I'm having lunch alone again today, I'll buy back... buy what? Barley beancurd again!!! Lol.
Jurong Point later with some old pals from NTU, first time I'm visiting the new wing shops! Frankly, JP is just like Northpoint - beyond recognition now - you should pop by you haven't already done so. The girls are thinking of dining at Dian Xiao Er and I hope the queue won't be too bad.
Past few days was crazy and fun but something's still missing and I anm not truly happy. what is the 'missing factor'? My Dad - this is no surprise. He is undeniably the greatest challenge to my emotions now. Will things get better or worst? How long will this go on? No one knows for sure.
If I were to be given a chance to make a wish, I still wish to be truly happy. I am not. According to all sources and advise and everything I've heard all my life, it seems that to attain that level of 'true happiness', means being contented and accepting what you have now because life can never be perfect. you've heard enough of such shit haven't you? But it is true.
There will always be spaces in our hearts that can never be filled, continual procrastination that we have no determination to turn around, and guilt that we carry until our last breath on this earth. I honestly don't think there would be one perfect person without any of those.
As much as people tell or teach us what to do, it is not always easy to. Everyone is unique, with their own limits and personal standards. If everyone could do the right things as easily, wouldn't this world be a fairytale? NO heartache, no tears, no confusion, no worries, nothing? Just do things politically correctly, effortlessly. No emotions involved at all! What an easy world!
Come back to the real world.
The world that shoves all the neither here nor there feelings to you and expect you to deal with them. The world filled with hate, jealousy, evil doings and all the negativity you can ever think of.
How to deal with these things, better? Well that's one of the objectives of living - learning how to...
♥ posted by Yvonne at 9:56 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**