People come and go - this must be planned from up above


Friday, February 20, 2009

Throughout my 24 years on the face of this Earth... how many people have entered my life and stepped out of it?

As a child I never thought that after you knew anyone, you would ever break ties with him or her. You know this person, you know and keep in contact with him and her forever. Ah... those innocent child thoughts. But the fact was, people come, and people go... no one belongs to you forever.

I met a very nice girl during my first job - a tall, Malaysian girl known as 'Ah Chung' to everyone. She was 19 and I was only 16. I remember so clearly how she was always the big sister who helped and guided me patiently... the one who stood by me and made the work so much more fun and miraculously made the 8 hours of work breeze by.

I remember how timid and fearful I was of the working world, well, I've never worked and it was a huge step out of my comfort zone. It seemed so overwhelming, so different from being a student. I was afraid of making mistakes, worried of my conduct and how people thought about me but most of all, afraid because I didn't know what to expect. Ah Chung was my 'mentor' who made my first job so much easier and I am so grateful for that... She was my first best colleague-turned-friend.

I tried to write to her once many many years ago, to her Malaysian address she left in one of her letters to me... but she did not reply. It would be either the letter failed to reach her, or she's already shifted. I wonder if I would ever be able to contact her anymore.

One good example of how someone passed me by. Many people say that Ah Chung was meant to be there to help me through a certain phase of my life. And that's the case for many others... while there are some pals who are still with me till now! sorry people, it is your luck/curse to be stuck with me till God knows when... lol... don't worry... I will be a great friend to you!

This entry is partially dedicated to the three chaotic Lings. Take it easy... don't lose yourselves! I'll be there for you... smuacks..~~~




♥ posted by Yvonne at 10:05 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**