A Series of Unfortunate (Food) Events
Sunday, June 10, 2007
When one bad dining experience is encountered, you might complain and forget about it shortly.What about, when for many, many times, you experience bad tasting food?
I had it! Following me and Ling's bad encounter at Cedele Depot on Friday, I declare the past few weeks as "weeks with a series of unfortunate food events". I shall just list the four most recent ones.
1. Carrot cake at Secret Recipe, Anchor Point.
I dig carrot cake more than anything else. Am a fan of Secret Recipe's because the cake (in my opinion) has just the right amount of walnuts and raisins - the texture is just right, not too heavy, not too light and spongy; the cream-cheese on top is perfect - a salivating taste that's slightly sourish , sweet and salty. I had the carrot cake from Anchor Point on TWO different occasions and its the same horrid taste. Sorry AP Secret Recipe, no 3rd chance!!!
2. Tapioca Kueh at Bengawan Solo, Anchor Point.
Rubbery, hardly any tapioca taste! Disappointing, like eating a piece of rubber. 2nd chance given: bought some (along with other kuehs) for my family after piano class today. I hope it's not the same old story!
And with these two, I can already CONDEMN Anchor Point. In case you're wondering why the fuck I even go to Anchor Point, it is because my workplace is nearby. The Oscar food court at Anchor Point also has nothing really tasty... Basically, my advise to you is that I'd rather you pop by IKEA and enjoy the swedish meatballs instead.
Continued:
3. Zi Cha at Jin Pai, Alexandra Village Market.
Sudden (*thunder sounds*) drastic change of taste from marvelous to dreadful. Both me and ZQ were heart broken. We are one of those customers who eat there so often and straightaway we knew there was something wrong. The sweet sour pork went from crips to lumpy, soggy and horrid tasting. The fried bittergourd and fish went from fragrant to simply, yucky. We have decided to give them another chance and if the standard is still like that, I might want to ask the lady boss what happened man... I certainly hope that that day was a mistake...as in, the usual cook was on MC or something... I don't wish to condemn them!
4. Sandwich and drink disaster at Cedele Depot, Raffles City,
The worst and most recent food ordeal. Dry and obviously NO-EFFORT-put-in sandwich (7-11 sandwich tastes BETTER), horrid iced tea and forgetful service staff. I suddenly don't feel like going into detail.... SHIT!!! Regret like shit to have eaten there. Could it be just that branch?
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Bad food equates bad day!!!!!!!
I hope this 'SOUFE' has officially ended. My life is already rather shitty, I don't need bad food.
How about trying my favourite choc muffin from Yew Tee tomorrow?? Will there be less chips like what happened to me that time? On second thoughts, better don't try. When you're down on your luck everything just sucks!!
♥ posted by Yvonne at 1:31 AM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**