The regular Yvonne is one without regular thoughts
Monday, May 21, 2007
Matthew (my new colleague of a week, who coincidentally lives 2 blocks away!) walked by my table today and commented that I must be someone with an artistic flair.It is no secret by now, for those who know me well, that I'm famous for being arty-farty, excessively emotional, or as some may refer to as being totally 'off' from the usual world. Often dreamy, often in my own world, thinking weird thoughts, and of course, my love for words and visuals.
Me being like this, amidst the 'regular' people who don't think these thoughts, who, don't 'waste time' dreaming or feeling the slightest bit of emotion from normal things around them. Unfortunately, the real and harsh world makes it so that humans should be practical and quit being like the way I am.
Some examples of stuff I think about: Once I saw huge greyish reddish brown rocks in the Chinese Garden and I just kept thinking that they look like giant prunes. It is not once or twice in a blue moon, but I think strange things so very often.
I asked Matthew why he made that remark and he said that it was because of the way I speak and behave. With that, I conclude that my 'condition' is getting worst, for a ONE-WEEK old colleague can see right through me. That makes me wonder how I present myself to the outside world. But that again, does it really matter? If I'm like that, I'm like that... can't be helped right?
Ya okay, it doesn't matter. I was just wondering.
Today must be 'comment on Yvonne' day. Before Matthew, Kim (boss's good friend) came by my table too and said that my eye bags are bad and that I must've been computer-ing every night/missing lots of sleep (true) and that I should go get myself a La Prairie eye cream... because it is effective, effective and effective.
Not to mention, also extremely costly.
Over two hundred bucks for a teenie weenie 15ml jar I heard.
But he's 50+ and his skin is good and his La-Prairie-ed under-eyes are bag-free. Well. Maybe I should save an additional $50 a month for 4-5 months and get La-Prairie-ed, too.
And I would use the cream so carefully cos every single amount of the miracle cream costs $$$$$$.
I might, you know, since Kim is the 45,980th person to comment on my tired eyes, it must be quite/very/extremely bad. Sigh. Which girl doesn't wanna look pretty?
And if I get La Prairie, and if it works (gosh, what if it doesn't? Not that I would get a refund or anything!!), I'll tell the next person I see with the same problem to get it too, with an additional advise of saving $50 per month to buy it, this Kim did not mention because he's filthy rich.
SIGH. Money.
The love of money is the root of all evil. (Cheat, greed)
The lack of money is the root of all evil. (Steal, rob)
Not just, the money alone. An important thing to remember... BE CONTENTED!
I don't know how this entry can move to money somehow (Okay, it must be the La Prairie. Check back for pictures that I owe you. I really, really hope to upload tonight! Can you resist my yummy food pictures huh?
♥ posted by Yvonne at 4:38 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**