I'll teach you how to connect with your inner self
Monday, April 21, 2008
Just do what I did. Like I always do...Take an ultra long bath. Soap off throroughly... scrub and massage gently with African spa. Cleanse your face in soft circular motions... Just do everything slowly.
Be in a towel and go burn some oil. Tonight I chose The spirit of Moonflower.
[Side note: I hardly use Body Shop products now, but there are some of their stuff I can never forgo... the scent of moonflower, white musk, and their Spa wisdom series]
Put on a chilled Green Tea sheet mask, moisturize your body with rose lotion.
Listen to Al Jarreau and don't be surprised if you sway to his music.
I'm actually blogging now. Yes, now.
The scent in the air deeply intrigues my romantic senses. And I stay only in a towel throughout the whole thing. Feels more spa-luxury this way. My bros are like so used to me walking around like that. But I've a stick figure so it's okay... nothing to spill anyway. I suddenly remember Darren tellling me this girl who walks around her flat top naked (his flat is so close to the opp one, he can see ppl's rooms)... so funny the way he described it! Free show.
This really is quite a luxury to me, having this relaxing spa session at home. It'll be more complete with some green tea pralines (Chocolate Art from Vivomart or at Great World, I've had a chance to try it last week and it's... delicious) and a glass of wine.
I am going to digress with my nonsense again. Since I talked about green tea, let me share all the green tea products I've tried and adore. Green tea mooncakes, soya milk, biscuits, kitkat, ice-cream, starbucks frappaucino, pralines, shower scrub, facial mask, pimple gel, perfume (Arden). I love all of them. Even if it's just the normal green tea bag, also can.
To totally switch topics...
ZQ told me I've changed... have I?
We can never really gauge the change in us, can we? Seeing ourselves in the mirror everyday, would we have noticed any (much) difference?
But as I sit here tonight... I concentrate and seem to realise the change in me. It is a strange feeling. Have you felt it before?
I've weathered (not only the wrinkles because of the increasing age), after all that I've gone through. I really have. Sometimes the me that I feel and see don't really feel like me.
Things that I went through? I wouldn't call it drastic, wouldn't consider it mild too. Stuff that've happened all these years... have certainly changed me.
More often, negativity takes me over. To date I'm still trying so hard to fight that.
If I say I've changed, its more of changing for the worst. More negativity.
I still really joke and laugh, but I know deep down how pessimistic I've become, on the other hand.
Sigh.
BTW, I visited Grandparents after work today and as usual, it is comforting and sweet. I feel good chatting with them... we can talk about anything... since they brought me up nothing can deny our closeness. We spoke of Dad... but neither of us talked too much about it... like I mentioned before, things are quite at a standstill now and we're simply taking it a step at a time.
And Grandpa walked me down when it was time to go home, and waved goodbye to me until he became such a small figure from afar. He's so used to doing this, this is one thing I know I'm really, really going to miss even if I'm an old lady next time.
I feel so lucky to have this set of grandparents...
♥ posted by Yvonne at 11:50 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**