Good night and sweet dreams?


Monday, October 06, 2008


For some reason, I was on the phone.
Dad: "Are you calling Mummy?"
Me: "Huh????"
Me: *Thoughts to myself* - He can talk, finally. That means he might be able to eat as well!
For some other reason, Dad was suddenly eating congee.
Me: "Eat slowly, chew everything properly!". Repeats: "Pa!! Eat slowly, eat slowly! You haven't eaten for 6 months!"
Me: *Thoughts to myself* - I wonder if those pork/chicken shreds in the congee are too tough for his digestion?
Me: "Pa this time you really must change. You won't be so lucky next time... Sigh."
Dad: *Nods furiously*



Those are what I remember from my dreams last night, about Dad again. Another part of the dream was of me having UTI and I'd rather not think about that.

What is going through Dad's mind now? No one knows for sure. What's gonna happen in the future? That's a bigger question mark.

I can't help to wonder why I keep having dreams about Dad. Could he be trying to tell us something?

It seems impossible that 6 months passed just like this. To me, the trauma 6 months ago is still very fresh in my mind, and I know it will well be for the coming months and possibly, years. Some things just have the very permanent effect.

Nevertheless, we've got to move on. Life is never about dwelling too much about the past. As it is, there is already too much to worry and fight for in our current life.

On a lighter note, I've been drinking so much coffee lately. I don't know for sure WHY I take those coffees (from everywhere - canned ones from convenience stores, machine ones and kopitiam (yum!) ones as well), on some days I wasn't even feeling tired.

I guess I'm just like that. Bored? Grab a coffee. Sluggish? Grab a coffee. Sick of feeling bored and sluggish - get MORE coffee.

It started the moment I tasted perfect kopitiam coffee from Bukit Timah thanks to my generous colleagues who always buy kopi.

Actually it is so bloody unhealthy having all these coffees. If you've tasted black coffee you'll know HOW MUCH milk and sugar is added to give that final nice, brown, sweet coffee mixture. In other words one is just drinking sugar. WTF. I better stop.

Talking about health, Bro 'screened' SUPERSIZE ME over dinner on Saturday nice that totally grossed me out, and if you don't already know what that show is about read this. It's a very nice show with real life interviews and stats and all. Frankly I didn't know that show would have such a huge impact me. Now fast food just gives me the chills.

Though I think it's okay to eat it once in a while, I'll still have the chills each time I order, because I'll think of the show! Oh and fast food portions in America are just... OH MY GOD!!!

Lastly, I'm STILL dreaming of a solitary break-away.




Surfer's Paradise Beach, Gold Coast, Australia



If only I could be there!

Calendar of events for the remaining months for 08':

Oct, shall be quite an exciting month

10th - Meet up with Reen & the rest
14th - Day off with ZQ
17th - 18th - Pyjamas Party with the gals!
25th/26th - Night Safari!!!
27th - Deepavali Holiday, what shall I do???
TBC - Krist's Birthday Dinner
TBC - SW's Birthday Dinner
TBC - Meetup with pplink

Nov, I really like attending wedding dinners to give ideas for my own in year 3000! Lol!

2nd - Wedding Dinner
7th - Wedding Dinner
**No PH and not many things planned for Nov, I think I will work till I faint... No, I guess it will be the month for Xmas shopping and CNY clothes bargains! And, the month for hoping there will be at least a month salary bonus for year end. Hence I call it HEADACHE MONTH.

Dec, Christmasy mood!!!

4th - Company D & D, 1920s style!!! OMFG.
7th - Standard Chartered Marathon (Run with the 1920s makeup on? Hehehe)
8th - Hari Raya Haji Holiday (Thank God I can rest after my run)
25th - Christmas Day
31st - NYE, I never go for count downs, too packed. I would still like to snuggle in my bed at home!
** The month to PAY OFF DEBTS and I'm supposed to get my 2nd hand piano or digital one but it seems abit far fetched now, unless I want to get a third job. I already gave up on branded bags!

(Speaking of Christmas, who wants to celeb with meeeeee!!!!!!!???????)



What the hell and you thought you just made resolutions for 2008 right? Left with three months to accomplish???

Bad news, I am craving for Kopi!!! And craving for books!!! 40% discount!!! Thanks to my new colleague Denise!

OMFG!




♥ posted by Yvonne at 1:00 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare

••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**