The decision lies in oneself (entry posted late!)
Saturday, September 13, 2008
You can decide to believe in whichever way you desire. No one can stop what your heart truly wants to believe in, and even if try to deny it on the surface, it does not change the fact that your heart feels otherwise. Self-deceit is the worst deceit...I decided to take a cab yesterday morning, because the campus isn't located in such a convenient spot. I know that it is detrimental to my wallet but it SHOULD BE FINE since I hardly take cabs now. Having said that, taking one is a strong reminder of how costly it is! It's expensive to go ANYWHERE from my place in a cab.
But it was also quite neccessary since I was not very early yesterday. Didn't want to take chance since the morning roads at Bukit Timah could get cranky...
The cab driver was a really nice guy who spoke PERFECT mandarin. I'm not kidding, what I mean was it sounded very very nice, the kinda enunciation you hear on TV. I was thinking to myself that it sounded so much like those TV dubbing ones (always those few same voices, mostly used in the 80s dramas, to voice over Li Nanxing, etc).
Until he told me he used to work in that field...
I mean, seriously he might be kidding, but I believed him! Anyway, you will know why if you hear him one day... his Cheena is seriously GOOD!
Mr Tan (I checked his pass and got his name), I'm calling him this because I really respect him, shared two interesting lines which I thought I'd share too:
"Hang Xing, Hang Xing, Hang Hang Xing"
"Chang Zhang, Chang Zhang, Chang Chang Zhang"
If you visualize those words, in Chinese characters, 'Hang' is actually the same character as 'Xing', and 'Chang' is the same as 'Zhang' too.
I've heard this AGES ago... but I still find it amusing! Mr. Tan says, "Bu yao fang qi, hang hang dou xing!!", and something about lifelong learning with the "chang" and "zhang" one.
That aside, we are actually related, because of our jobs now. He is actually a part time cab driver and part time guide! So much to talk about! Anyhow, it is when you talk to someone who is good in the same language that you are speaking, that you realise just HOW AWFUL and INACCURATE you are. It is a shame.
I finally reached my destination, and he gave me a good discount off the fare... Well, a taxi ride that made my day! Oh and I forgot to mention that he sings italian opera, which he demo-ed a little during the ride!!
Freaking unbelievable! Well, not all cab drivers are shitty! Hmm, but even so, I am still against being too friendly to strangers. For all we know, he might be a pervert, using the same trick on everyone! But hey, being too suspicious is crap too right? Whatever!

Those of us from the same company... but most of them located in the East side!
The two-day course was fantastic. The course leader was really, really good. I love my mates too, consisting of some from other divisions and a minority from other companies. I made many friends and learnt alot from the course, and I know what I've learnt would benefit me in my scope of work...
I can no longer differentiate these feelings anymore.I don't know what I'm feeling lately... when these 'feelings' strike me they make me so weak, and lifeless.
My dog... It looked so huggable this morning that I almost wanted to hug it and go back to sleep and pretend that it's not morning... don't you agree that it's in a really funny position?
After the course wrapped up early yesterday, I took a bus back to CCK interchange and then realised that I've forgotten my keys. A good thing Mum was already on the way home, so I walked around Lot1 (my 3th or 4th time this week and it's totally boring), and ended up buying 3 sets of VCDs... You must be wondering WHY I bought VCDs... well I still don't have my own DVD player and also, VCDs are cheaper! Without further delay let me show you the titles I picked:

All the old shows, but I've actually never watched them! I'm most excited about Il mare, I've heard SO MUCH about it. I looked at the titles I picked and realised again how my choices reflect the kind of person I am...
Mum whipped up a simple but good dinner that night, combining some old ingredients like cabbage, brocolli and ham with yellow noodles and eggs. If you have a chance, I would like you to try her mee-gorengs. Very very tasty. I don't have a picture of that, but here's a pict of the Hokkien prawn noodles she whipped up on Wednesday night:
After eating hers I don't really like those sold outside. Most of you know I dislike my food too oily and salty and this one is perfect (with a squeeze of lim!!). It is neither too dry nor oily and the taste is perfect for me... she really can cook any damn dish...

Mid Autumn mood alongside Clarke Quay
Speaking of Wednesday night, Ivy dated me (probably knowing my low spirits), and we went to Chinatown and Clarke Quay. We had a good time and I really got to thank her for cheering me up alot. We also checked out the fully lit riverside... I took a crazy load of photographs of all the 'lanterns'... there was dragon dance too, but we hardly had any room to watch... some random pictures (I can't really post all, too many!):
It is Saturday and working makes me so tired... I've tried to stay standing around to avoid falling asleep. I've yawned maybe over 20 times and I'm amazed by the number of times I can yawn. Tonight's Mid-Autmum gatherng at Granny's and after that, drinks (+ pouring of sorrows) to Irene.
Tomorrow? Well same old shite. I just checked my company email and my boss says to 'clear leave soon'...
Adding on to my 'cravings' list, I wanna check out Parkway Parade too...
Facial on Tuesday after SO LONG (I figured I can't drag anymore), and settling of some important stuff on Thursday PM hopefully.
24hours is so not enough for me.
♥ posted by Yvonne at 3:00 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**