Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Of a big feast of rice, meats and lovely fried greens, Dad tucked in with much ease. Finally, I found myself serving him somemore dishes and trying to make him more comfortable, without feeling awkward like in the past. "Will you be too full from this?", I asked. That's quite a spread or maybe a little too much, I thought to myself, for someone who hasn't eaten in months.I rose feeling slightly groggy from the medication last night. I now believe how easily one can knock out from those 'drugs' people get from spiked drinks in clubs. It really isn't ridiculous like what we see on TV, like, how can the bugger faint so quickly?
I sure hope these medication don't come with too many side effects. That reminds me, this year 2008 year I've been sick for the most-est times. It is a sure sign that my body is no longer as strong as it used to be (or what I thought to be).
I had an ECG and it felt weird! Fortunately, all could be done in one clinic and no need to be referred for further checks. Count my blessings for being alright for now. Today the way my boss asked if I'm alright was as though he thought I was having something serious! Maybe I already look too haggard to make him feel otherwise.
Famous Hup Hup Bak Chor Mee (oil, sodium, cholesterol) and some unknown homemade Yong Tau Foo (I like cos not salty!!!)
Exams, exams, exams. We all hate it. Hazelnut flavoured coffee, we all love it =) Can you tell which Coffeebean we were at? We spent a lil more than half a day together, just me, him and we, and I realised it's been a long time since we did so (on a weekday somemore). To digress abit, it will be the last time I'm eating kaya toast from Ah Mei Kaya... once, there was NO BUTTER, then, yesterday, the butter tasted HORRIBLE. Frankly speaking, Ya Kun and Killiney's (eggy tasting kaya) the best! Maybe we cang o for Ya Kun breakfast on Saturday morning, girls???
Tada... the 'joker' pills as I was telling ZQ. Maybe it's in this color because it's there to remind us of one thing... one very important thing:
"WHY SO SERIOUS?". Well if you don't quite understand all of thess ask me and I will explain to you again...
Anyway, I just spoke with Shia yesterday and she was telling me that she's getting ROM-ed in M'sia this Sat. Congrats! Hers is truly a sweet sweet romance... This is the 13,897th couple getting married this year end! What is up? BTW I'll be meeting Shia later... Woodlands, our fave place!
A very pale me yesterday at the bank. And no, not applying for a house loan! It's just the wordings on the super flattened cushion lol.
As for me, no wedding bells but another step to the final commitment. Good or bad?
Come to think of it, if you get married and stay with his parents... you have to:
1) Make it a point to go home early more often (think: no late night outing or coffee sessions etc)
2) Make sure that you don't wake up at those horrible hours (bad impression) like 12pm, 2pm that kind. In-laws will totally like, WTF!
3) Mind your mannerisms (sitting postures, controlling temper even on PMS days, giving-in, keeping quiet appropriately etc)
4) Take charge of chores (in this case nothing new for me)
5) Accept new house rules - you are the daugther-in-law not mistress of the house and accept their bad habits
6) Go for relatives' gatherings etc even if you absolutely don't feel like it, because it is only politically correct to do so
7) Allow the elderly to watch the TV programs that they want
8) Learn how to get along with everyone and make a point to chat with them, build rapport etc
9) Plan outings and treats that include the whole family
Not easy, right? And I know some of you would be like shaking your heads and thinking the above's ridiculous but then again, please understand that not everyone can be like you and move out when you get married! So do keep the above as a guide to being the perfect daughter-in-law! LOL. I really think that if I stay with my in-laws I will feel terribly BAD if I come home at like 1 or 2am... I would feel so... wrong. Sorry to say I'm still one with a very old skool mindset. And if I do have a daughter-in-law in the future this is how I would like to be treated!
On a side note I finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns 2 days back and it is faaaantastic! OMG... the twist caused tears in me... Now I'm starting on the James Patterson one, hope it's good.
I ran yesterday and it felt okay (not very very good, yet). It's only once a week now and I think I can soon regain it to twice weekly.
So much to say about many things, but where do I begin?
And suddenly, I feel like typing these few words...
得不到的终究是最完美的!
Hahahaha. This is so OVER-USED!
Hrrmmm.... how can I survive with $80.00 until pay day?
P.S to the 'people in my life'
Juan, if you still read my blog, I miss you and Pay dearly! Felt so guilty after reading your email yesterday... we shall meet again! The three of us!
Lilian - my TOTALLY UNDERMET friend... we have loads to catch up! Again the guilt because she's always the one msg-in me!!!
BMSB gathering in Nov! Haven't been to one these ten years... and I'm invited again! I wonder if they'll still recognise me! Thanks to Kaiyi for the info... BTW Kaiyi is my Pri and Sec friend whom I shared lots of joy and laughter with ;-)
Reen and Yan I cannot stop crapping with you all... how I wish I have extra calendar days just to hang out with my friends!
The rest, you know who you are!!! And those two of you that we shared the Tongkat Fatimah joke. WTH!!!!!! Friday sure die!!!!
and last and most impt msg goes out to Krist, ur birthday comin le, how? Join the 24th club liao! LOL!!! Better enjoy your last 3 days of being 23!!!!!
I am nothing without my friends. I am nothing without my family as well.
And I think I owe ZQ in my past life or rather, he owe me, so he has to put up with my shit...
Congrats everyone!!!
♥ posted by Yvonne at 2:11 PM! ♥
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind" - William Shakespeare
••••****••••****••••****••••****♥♥♥••••****••••****••••****••••****••••**